ITIN (individual taxpayer identification number) issued by the US IRS (Internal Revenue Service)

UK authors with US earnings will find that these overseas earnings are taxed at source, meaning the author receives less. By filling in a few forms, the author can arrange for payment to be made without the deduction of US tax.

last updated: 3 November 2019; category: writing